jueves, 10 de junio de 2010

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday evening about the fun we are going to have this summer in Galicia. As it is Xacobeo year, that province will be full of concerts all over. So she told me, my friend, about Cultura Quente Festival, in Caldas de Reis, and the bands on cártel I only knew till that moment were the british rock band Ocean Colour Scene and the blues-rock star Johnny Winter...Was then when she told me that Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, among others, will also play there. So out of curiosity and with nothing better to do before going to sleep I started to look for some of their music on the net. I was surprised just right at the first attempt, not only because the sound wich was going with a real fluid rhythm of rock and roll, but the image and the so vintage style.

So with the yearning of knowing more about this band I kept reading till midnight and I listen their songs now while I'm writing. So, I do fancy Kitty, Daisy and Lewis are a really fairly great band. At least now, as the beginners they are.

The band comes from London and is composed by three siblings, two sisters and their brother. The impact just came to me when I knew the younger, which plays the harmonica, trombone, drums, guitar, banjo, ukelele and sings, is only 16 years old. She recorded the first single, the old classic Honolulu Rock, when she was twelve!! She is Kitty.

Lewis, 19, sings occasionally and what plays the most (coz each one dares to play with everything) is the lap steel guitar. Daisy, 21, apart of being a singer, plays piano and accordion. Their parents are the ones who introduce them to the music, and furthermore they feature the band with the rhythmic guitar and double bass.

They don't use any digital format to record the songs, everything is going in the analogycal way, a sort of  purist feeling which flows into their only recording  (published in 2008 under the name of the band) with the real appearence of a vinyl of 78 inches. Because it is! Most of songs are a classical version but it really deserves to be heard, viewed and felt.

They give a chance to rock' roll with the taste of blues, country and swing. Like a revival of the 50's which toupee and young rebelliousness included.

So here are some videos of Kitty, Daisy & Lewis. Enjoy them and do not pass up the opportunity for this funny chance to dance!!












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario